Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Warrior

So this weekend I went and saw 300 in between my homework sessions. I have to intersperse my homework sessions with something and then go back to them later, otherwise my brain locks up and I am completely useless. Usually when my brain locks up, my mind focuses on something completely off the subject of my homework. I think about my crush, or pudding, or that time I learned that popcorn seasoning must be used sparingly. Now that I have watched 300 I know that as soon as I start picturing Gerard Butler in ancient hot pants, it is time for a break, preferably a pudding break. Of course it is hard to concentrate on pudding when you have so much Scottish hotness on your mind. Anyhoo, I highly recommend the movie, besides the copious amounts of cinematic eye candy, it was very entertaining.

In other weekend news, I recently did my semi-frequent software upgrade on my MacBook and my AirPort revolted and stopped working. I will admit that I only have very basic tech knowledge in that I know not to use my MacBook as a coaster, so I had to call in reinforcements. My sister's husband, the computer guru, worked for hours and could not get it work. I started becoming quite depressed at the thought of being torn away from countless hours spent browsing eBay for stuff I don't need. Last night in a last ditch effort to save my sanity as I felt myself slipping into a technology deprived coma, I backed up all my info and I reinstalled OS X. It worked and now I have my precious internet back. You would think that I could handle internet deprivation, seeing as how I just barely got the internet a few months ago, but those few months have been the best of my life. I now think I know how the cavemen felt when they discovered fire.

No comments: