Monday, April 02, 2007

BOOK SALE!

So I have been remiss in my blogging duties and I haven’t posted in a while. Needless to say, nothing has really been happening except for it being THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR – BOOK SALE TIME! Last week, my local library had its annual book sale and I loaded up, because I have an addiction. I have no idea when I will get around to reading all of my books, but I want to, that is why I bought them. I ended taking my grandmother’s little metal cart and I filled that thing – twice. I can now no longer see my floor because the books cover it (the bookshelves are full as is the space under my bed) which means I no longer have to vacuum – yeah for books! I do however have to keep up on my dusting, because I don’t want spiders making their homes in my books. After Bernard disappeared, I just haven’t been able to become attached to another arachnid. He was special and his place in my heart and in my slippers can never be filled, so I’m not allowing any of his relatives to take up residence among my stacks of bibliorific joy.

Also, I had the most interaction that I have ever had with my crush this past week. He spoke to me for a good half hour, well actually I peppered him with innocuous, non-invasive questions and he answered them in an extremely concise manner. Why do men not elaborate? Does elaboration fall into the frivolous behavior category along with asking for directions? Anyway, he was extremely kind and funny and I was just happy to get to know him a little better. I now know he likes bees – me too – they make honey –honey is good.

No comments: