Sunday, July 27, 2008

Updates and Such

So yeah, exciting things have been happening, actually one exciting thing has happened - I had Lasik - YEAH! I can now see when I wake up. It is a total trip. The procedure was quick and painless except for the ice water they dumped in my eyes which gave me a massive ice cream headache. I went into the Lasik room barely avoiding running into the machinery and tripping over the many power cables and I came out able to see the features on everyone's faces. I could see eyes and noses!

My eyes hurt like a mother for the first few days (I had PRK Lasik) so I caved and took the prescribed pain medicine. Holy pickles, my dreams were strange! I am blaming the dreams on the pain meds rather than the fact I lived off Starbursts for five days straight. In one of my dreams I was a vampire, only I didn't bite people, I was just wandering down the street, minding my own business when a black bear attacked me, and then a wolf, and then a Shitzu. It was nuts, I just kept seeing teeth coming at me.

Once my eyes felt better. I buried the meds in the backyard where they could no longer do harm to my psyche. I then had to deal with the blurry vision which I was assured was normal. My friend and I both had Lasik on the same day and she was blurry too so I didn't stress. I am still a little blurry now, but I my vision is improving.

In other news I have been trying to spend more time with my nephews by dragging them to movies I want to see. I took my nephew D to see Hellboy II. He was extremely excited to go and let out a squeal usually heard coming out of the mouths of tweens at a Jonas Brothers concert. How he can get his sixteen year old voice to reach that octave, I will never know.

Next I took my nephew Yert to The Dark Knight. He and I both loved it and he spent the rest of the day asking people why they were so serious. Most responded it was because gas was over $4 a gallon. I spent the rest of the day trying to do the Batman growl and I think I destroyed my vocal chords.

I still need to take Hoshie and Chaser to a movie. I want to find something a little less violent for Hoshie since he is fairly young. As for Chaser, I told him I would take him to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II. He is a HUGE America Ferrera fan. Sometimes I catch him dressed as Ugly Betty asking an imaginary Daniel if he would like a latte.

August will be AWESOME!

No comments: