Friday, January 23, 2009

It is a perfectly respectable name

So my friend recently got married and while she was considering what to change her name to, she ran by me the option of adding a middle initial, just a middle initial, it would not stand for anything. She said it in kind of a joking way and I didn’t think it would happen, but come this week it was official – she now has a J in her name which is why she is my friend, because she is awesome and adds the letter J to her name for no other reason than she wants it there. It got me thinking about if I changed my name, what I would change it to? All of the sudden the name popped into my head – are you ready – brace yourself – WILDEBEEST D. HUNTLEY. It is the most awesome name ever! My cabana boy and I decided that I could be called Wilde or W.D. for short and I would save the full effect for something special like getting married. “Do you Kevin Spacey take Wildebeest D. Huntley to be your lawfully wedded wife?” I like the sound of that.

1 comment:

skippylongjacket said...

I like the sound of that, too. Kevin Spacey? Okay, okay, maybe I can see that. Related to any direct movie, or just him as an actor and human being? Oh, and I think you should change it to WILDEBEAST! Sounds more feral! Love your blog, read it always!