Friday, January 16, 2009

My Puff is Having Issues

So my new car, "The Puff," is having issues. Someone manhandled it (not me, I use my words to hurt things) and so it needed a new oil pan. I took it to my usual mechanic and I found out that - YAY! - they have a loaner car so I wouldn't be stuck trying to find a ride to and from the mechanic, to and from work, to and from the cheese factory, and to and from Hoshie's anger management class.

So I drop off my car and the mechanic hands me the key and says, "it's the green one." I walk outside and I am confronted with what I lovingly started referring to as "The Troll." This car was the most hideous shade of green with an interior that looked like a science experiment (I'm sure I contracted some kind of butt fungus from sitting in it) and a dashboard that is held on by duct tape. It also had a HUGE magnetic sign on the side that said, "Free loaner car," which technically it wasn't because they keep that thing on empty so you must put gas in it to drive it. I didn't want to feed it, it might follow me home!

I was so glad to get my puff back, I literally kissed it. I think that is the genius of "The Troll." It makes you look forward to forking out money to get your car back.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Did you take a picture?