Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Why Does Food Hate Me?

So remember my last post where I said I am not lactose intolerant? That may not be true. The past two weeks have consisted of a number of painfully horrible stomach aches. I have had these stomach aches in the past but usually only when I eat something containing peppers (bell, jalapeno, whatever), mangoes, or avocados. I steer clear of those ingredients. I treat them like The Jersey Shore - they must be avoided at all costs. This has worked well for me, until recently when I have been experiencing almost daily stomach pains as well as the occasional bout of yakking (so awesome) with foods I USED TO EAT DAILY! My stomach hates me. These stomach pains are not the "I can still function" type either, they are the "if you move an alien will burst out of your stomach" type. It is crippling, intense pain. Having no health insurance, I am left to deal with this by Googling. I now think I may have IBS or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. If anyone's bowels could be called irritable, it would be mine. I have angry toddler bowels. The kind of bowels that are set off by a wrong look or the word "no." As of today I have decided to document everything I ingest in the hopes of finding what exactly triggers these stomach aches. I am hoping dairy is not involved because cheese is my life. I had mac and cheese today and was fine so fingers crossed. Also fingers crossed that my stomach isn't just deciding to make my life hell because it can...and because it is a turd.

No comments: