Thursday, February 16, 2006


Today the entries are particularly vile. But my friends, thats FACTS OF LIFE. Today I raise an interesting dynamic of the human psyche. Today while riding the bus to work I noticed an older gentleman on a seat several rows ahead of me. Everything was normal until I noticed he was in the mining industry. Before I knew it the entire finger was in the cave digging for lost treasure. He was a particularoly good miner, because in no time flat the lost treasure became found! Not only was he an expert miner, but a truly expert precious metalurgist. With each roll of the finger, new nuggets of gold were rolled into perfect spheres. Quite repulsive!!! Now the question I raise is this:

What is it about the human psyche that attracts us to witness incredibly repugnant events?

If you have any insight please drop a line.

Mach

2 comments:

Pjamms said...

Voyeuristic tendencies and the reassurance that if we're watching it, not doing it, we can't possibly be that bad off.

Or something.

Anonymous said...

Good point, pjamms.