Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ikeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So this week the first Ikea in the state opens its doors so that we can all celebrate Scandinavian frugality. I am excited, but also a little worried due to the fact that I am an obsessive hoarder. I tend to tell anything that is cheap and old or cheap, new and retro looking “come live with me, I don’t need any space to move around.” Last week I happened upon a surplus sale where I purchased a telephone booth – yes, an actual fit a person inside phone booth. Upon showing it to people the first question they inevitably ask is “what are you going to do with it?” I don’t have the courage to tell them that I will probably spend most nights, dressed as Doctor Who (Tom Baker version), pretending it is my TARDIS. They don’t need to know my special secret; it is between me and the Daleks that live in my head (they tell me to do stuff like eat excessive amounts of pudding). I know that if I go to Ikea I will want to invite almost every item in the store to come live with me so I am practicing some restraint and staying away – for now. I have almost convinced myself that being able to see one’s floor is highly over-rated.

1 comment:

Pjamms said...

IKEA: The Proletariat's Interior Design Studio.