Thursday, October 02, 2008

I am officially a renter people!

So I have joined the ranks of those who rent and I am EXTREMELY excited about it. Before you get too excited for me, I should confess that what I am renting is a storage shed and unfortunately the rules state very clearly that you are not allowed to live in the storage shed. My heart sank upon learning this but I also knew that I would get tired of peeing in a bucket. I will not get tired of knowing that I have a place where all the so called junk I love will have a safe home, away from the threats of my mother who finds stinky old chairs repugnant. She cannot see the potential, but I can. With some love and a strong dose of Fabreeze, those chairs will only mildly smell of old cheese and goat.

In addition to being able to store my stinky chairs, I will also be able to acquire more. YAY! I have hated having to turn down perfectly good rejects from my friends and random strangers who leave stuff on their lawns with signs that say "Free" and "Please take this, it smells like feet." That stuff can now go to my storage shed, until I fill that to capacity, but hopefully by then I can afford a nice apartment with lots of room and carpet stench that will overpower the smell coming from my stuff.

No comments: