Monday, October 13, 2008

So Long, Sweet Ghetto Bug!















So last week, I sold my sweet Ghetto Bug. It was time, but it was really hard and I cried, like a big giant baby. The Ghetto Bug and I had some awesome times - off-roading, going on canoe trips, that time I got lost in the suburbs - such good memories. It is true that the Ghetto Bug frustrated me at times, but she truly was a great car. She rarely broke down, most of her issues were cosmetic and for those I developed work-arounds. After all, who really needs all their radio buttons to work? I had to sell the Ghetto Bug for cheaper than I would have liked, but I figured the next person would probably want to fix the flaws I learned to live with and even brag about. It became this funny thing when I would give people rides and they would notice the duck tape and would say, "I can totally top that, check out the paper clip I use to roll up and down my window." Good times! So next time you are in a toasting mood, say an extra one for the Ghetto Bug, she has earned it.

No comments: