Thursday, May 18, 2006

NOT MORE CLOTHES!
So this weekend we celebrated my nephew Hoshie's sixth birthday and I was confronted with the daunting task of trying to find a gift for him. My other nephews love legos, action figures and the occasional sequined bag - not Hoshie. His gift must require a power source and lead to carpal tunnel. Video games are the only thing he will play. On the occasions when he is banned from video games, you can find him running around at a frantic pace, stabbing and slashing the air with a stick as if the air were to blame for him being torn from his electronic crack. I refuse to feed his video game addiction and so for his birthday I bought him clothes (a stack of kindling while enjoyable to Hoshie would have made me look cheap). When it came time to open my gift, he ripped through the tissue paper, grabbed the clothes and then promptly threw them on the ground with a whine about how clothes are the worst gift ever. I thought deodorant was the worst gift ever, but I stand corrected. I think as a result of my horrible gift, that I have scarred him for life. I can see the adult Hoshie now, sitting in a permanent groove on his sofa shouting, "CLOTHES, WHO WANTS CLOTHES FOR THEIR BIRTHDAY!" After which he bends down and sniffs Warioworld up his nose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought a gift of vaginal cream from your boyfriend would be the worst gift...guess I stand corrected as well.

Pjamms said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!

Your nephew's name is Hoshie?

Via Ferrata said...

Unfortunately no, his name is not Hoshie. I wish it were cuz it's so fun to say.