Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shakespeare in Lust

I started my first class this week – Graduate Seminar in Shakespeare. I was nervous because I am entering this program with no real background in English other than I do a good job of hacking the language to pieces whenever I open my mouth. So I’m sitting in class the first day, very excited, pen in hand, ready to furiously copy down every word out of the professor’s mouth. She starts to give a little background on dear Will and she happens to mention the movie Shakespeare in Love. Next thing I know 10 minutes have gone by and I have no idea what occurred in class during that space of time. I did not black out, nor was I taken up in an alien spaceship for a quick bit of probing - I was deep in thought. Deep in thought on Shakespeare - Joseph Fiennes’ Shakespeare, the one with the fantastic brown eyes and extremely kissable lips, not the dude who looks somewhat constipated on the cover of my textbook. I recovered from my daydream in time to catch the beginning of the discussion on HamletKenneth Branagh looks REALLY good tormented.

No comments: